Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The best wrap ever, and my new favorite dessert!

 I've been eating some variation of this wrap at least two or three times a week this whole summer. I've recently discovered that I like avocados, so apparently I've been making up for lost time and eating them every day. There's something about this wrap that's so refreshing and it's ridiculously easy! You can toast it or eat it cold, and basically throw on whatever you feel like!



I start with a homemade whole wheat tortilla (check out the recipe on 100 Days of Real Food!) then spread a layer of hummus. Then I add on mozzarella, tomatoes, and avocado slices. Sometimes I drizzle it with balsamic vinegar for a bit of a kick, and boy is it yummy and filling! Just one of these babies fills me up for a good chunk of the day! I've also added leftover chicken, spinach, black beans, and just about anything else in the fridge depending on my mood- but this is definitely my favorite!

And speaking of favorites....


Holy Chocolate Avocado, Batman! I've discovered an awesome new dessert!

I've seen this recipe floating around Pinterest, but never remembered to try it. I also never believed that it would taste good, but boy was I wrong! You would never believe there was avocado in it! I served it to my dad and little sister without telling them what it was (they both hate avocados) and they loved it! It took less than 10 minutes with my food processor, and tasted better than any chocolate mousse I've ever eaten! It has a wonderful dark chocolate taste and will definitely satisfy those chocolate cravings. A little bot goes a long way- it's very rich!

PS- the white stuff on top was my attempt at making my own whipped cream which obviously failed because I was too lazy to get the mixer out, and my hand got tired after five minutes... It still tasted great though! Just wasn't fluffy... heheheh

Chocolate Avocado Mousse
 (Servings: 2)

Ingredients:
* 1 avocado, soft and ripe, peeled and pitted
*1/4 cup cocoa powder
*1 tsp vanilla (I used real vanilla which gave it a sort of liquor taste to some people, it was yummy!)
*6 Tbsp Milk
* 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup (once again I used the real stuff!)

Method:

Dump it all in a food processor! What could be easier?!

Note: I tried to use a blender at first and it did not work. The avocado was chunky, and you definitely want this to be pureed! I processed the avocado first and then added the ingredients in. I quadrupled the recipe and used four avocados which made about 6 half cup servings if I remember correctly. You really don't need a lot!

I also attempted my own whipped cream (see note above) by using 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp maple syrup, but was lazy. It still tasted awesome on top though!

You might be able to play around with the amount of maple syrup, to save on calories. I think that was the worst part for you! And I think it's better to get a little avocado in you that eat pudding or other mousse. This will definitely be replacing my chocolate pudding recipe! And a few spoonfuls is enough and will completely satisfy your chocolate cravings!

Try this one! It will surprise you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment